Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Here's my Buell with a couple other nice bikes ...

I went on a 800 mile motorcycle trip this last weekend to the Texas hill country. Rode the twisted sisters and some other awesome roads. First time I went and recommend the trip if you haven't gone... it's cheap and fun. We divided costs on hotel rooms. Great scenery, lots of curves and hills, and many motorcycles of every kind.

Here's a pic of me with my Buell Ulysses and the other bikes in my group, two Super-T's, a Concourse, and a BMW 650: http://tinyurl.com/73ewdc9
    2007 Buell Ulysses
    Mods:
    K&N Filter, Iridium spark plugs, custom spark plug wires, Mobile 1 v-twin synthetic, data logged and tuned, handlebar risers
    custom foot-pegs, heated grips, HID headlights, breather reroute with catch-can

sounds fun, wish i could get up there one of these days before i sell my bike.

One day your life will flash before your eyes, Make sure its worth watching...

“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Bigphillip79 is offline Don't need no stinkin' clutch Dec BOTM 2010

Do it Don. Borrow a trailer and head up there. Even if you just stay one night its worth it. You can't sell you bike without doing Three Twisted Sister first.
    "Be kind to your birds and your goats."

If you go you won't want to sell your bike. The scenery is beautiful and it's super fun going around those curves and up and down those hills on a motorcycle.
    2007 Buell Ulysses
    Mods:
    K&N Filter, Iridium spark plugs, custom spark plug wires, Mobile 1 v-twin synthetic, data logged and tuned, handlebar risers

Quote Originally Posted by Bigphillip79 View Post
    Do it Don. Borrow a trailer and head up there. Even if you just stay one night its worth it. You can't sell you bike without doing Three Twisted Sister first.
    bike might be sold tomorrow already

Quote Originally Posted by djohnk View Post
    If you go you won't want to sell your bike. The scenery is beautiful and it's super fun going around those curves and up and down those hills on a motorcycle.
    and as much fun as that sounds i couldnt keep the bike just to do the ride up there, it never gets ridden down here

One day your life will flash before your eyes, Make sure its worth watching...

“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

"Borrow a trailer"??? What? Are ya'll - Harley riders??? Ride your dang bike up there. Bikes are made to be ridden !
    All ya'll suck...Hard
    '08 Suzuki B-King, '85 Honda V65 Sabre, '08 Kawi C-14, '11 Suzuki 650 Burgman

djohnk: Sounds like you had fun. The hill country is beautiful and the Sisters are very fun. Nice Concours....from around here??
    All ya'll suck...Hard
    '08 Suzuki B-King, '85 Honda V65 Sabre, '08 Kawi C-14, '11 Suzuki 650 Burgman

Bigphillip79 is offline Don't need no stinkin' clutch Dec BOTM 2010

The ride up there and back would be a killer on that bike. Especially with the old lady ridin 2-up. need a trailer or throw it in the back of the truck.
    "Be kind to your birds and your goats."

Sounds like you had fun. The hill country is beautiful and the Sisters are very fun. Nice Concours....from around here??
    The Concours was rode from Houston, the rest of us went up from the Valley.

I always heard about riding the twisted sister in the hill country, but didn't realize how awesome it is until i actually went.
    2007 Buell Ulysses
    Mods:

That Concours is a super nice bike, I wouldn't even try to keep up with it on a straight road on the Buell, it probably could cruise at 120mph all day.
    The Super Teneres are great bikes also in their own way, they are pretty smooth, and have well over 100hp.
    What really surprised me was how well the little BMW 650 did both on the twisties and cruising 80mph+ on the highways.
    2007 Buell Ulysses
    Mods: