Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Biker alleges Dallas Sheriff Deputy made up charge to seize video evidence (RAW)

Biker alleges Dallas Sheriff Deputy made up charge to seize video evidence (RAW)

This is a raw video. The highlights of this video sections can be found here:
    - 3:28 Initial interaction
    - 6:31 Arrest
    - 7:59 Final Interaction

On Memorial Day Weekend, motorcycle rider Chris Moore was arrested by Dallas Deputy Sheriff James Westbrook. The arrest was part of crackdown against sport bike riders. Moore says Westbrook made up a charge in order to gain access to the video camera mounted on his helmet.

The broadcast story from WFAA-TV can be found here: http://bit.ly/MtfPXz

DALLAS — It was Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, and Chris Moore — riding southbound on Stemmons Freeway in Dallas in a pack of 50 to 100 sport bikes — was pulled over while traveling below the speed limit.
    "I didn't expect that at all," Moore said.
    Officers were out in force that weekend, working to prevent another shutdown of a Dallas freeway like the one on Memorial Day weekend 2011 that ultimately led to three arrests.
    So why was Moore pulled over?
    Dallas Deputy Sheriff James Westbrook said he wanted to see what was on Moore's camera.
    MOORE: "Was I doing something wrong? What am I being pulled over for?"
    WESTBROOK: "The whole group of you guys."
    MOORE: "No. I was not, individually. How can you pull me over?"
    WESTBROOK: "The reason you're being pulled over is because I'm gonna take your camera and we're gonna use it as evidence of the crimes that have been committed by other bikers."
    MOORE: "I have not committed any crimes, and you cannot take my personal property from me, sir."
    WESTBOOK: "That's fine. Need to see your license and registration."
    Moore's lawyer, Hunter Biederman, reviewed the recording.
    "Here this officer decided to just go rogue and pull over the first guy he saw with a helmet camera on," he said.
    The way Moore sees it, it's not illegal to have a video camera. But when the Deputy returned, he arrested Moore for having a concealed license plate.
    WESTBROOK: "You're under arrest for your license plate being obstructed. Place your hands."
    MOORE: "Are you kidding me, dude?"
    WESTBROOK: "Place your hands behind your back."
    As Moore continued to protest, the deputy lost his patience.
    MOORE: "Why'd you pull me over in the first place?"
    WESTBROOK: "Have a seat, okay?"
    MOORE: "Sir. Sir. What you did to me was not right. You know it."
    WESTBROOK: "I'm going to ask you one more time to have a seat."
    MOORE: "That's f'ed up. Where's my bike going?"
    WESTBROOK: "Sit down.I'm telling you to chill out."
    Westbrook is then seen on the video shoving Moore into his squad car and slamming the door forcefully.
    In a written statement, the Sheriff's Office said Moore was stopped because of a concealed plate. The video was confiscated and turned over to the gang unit as evidence.
    Moore's bike was impounded; then he spent eight hours in jail — all of it, he says, on a charge that was made up after the fact.
    "Completely shocked at their behavior," he said.
    E-mail dschechter@wfaa.com
    08 Honda CBR 1000RR
    05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    99 Honda Civic SI (stolen)

I was reading on this yesterday on another forum it's crazy some cops take advantage of their authority

Damn cops.... That sucks man.... I would have told that maggot to write me a ticket and let me the f#$& go....
    Officer, I wasn't speeding!!??!! I was productively maintaining an expedited action....

I would rather ride a fast bike....than a fast woman....

That cop right there is a piece of shit but I have to admit when pulled over by a cop dont test him your going to lose they have power and some have no problem abusing it

Even when I was a cop from 1995-2000, I was never this bad, even to the bikers I got going 150+. I have to agree with ESG though because they have power and they DO abuse it. I still have the right to call this piece of s*%t a sorry excuse for police work. And thats from a brother in Law Enforcement.
    Officer, I wasn't speeding!!??!! I was productively maintaining an expedited action....

Coming from a LE guy, and from experience, If you stop a biker for an innocent screw-up, you give him a warning and tell him/her 'you owe me', and if you stop enough bikers for minor screw-ups-your name gets out to all the bikers that as long as you don't 'f#&k up too bad, your getting a warning' and when it comes time that you get in a bad situation with someone on a traffic stop or something like that, AND these fellow bikers see it and know you are not a BAD COP, you have instant backup from - what people call the BIG BAD CRIMINAL BIKERS- ..... My fellow bikers, keep riding on.... You will always be on my side as I am on YOUR side...

Yeah flked up.. I just saw like 2 nights ago. He would of had a better chance if he ran.
    1998 Suzuki Katana 600. SOLD
    1997 Honda CBR900rr SOLD
    2001 Honda CBR600F4i. SOLD
    2003 Honda CBR600RR SOLD

2012 Triumph Daytona 675r
    2006 Suzuki GSXR 750

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

where did other cop jus go walking towards to lol...jus left his car behind haha

so legally under law and stuff like that...can we ride or drive around with a camera attached to our lid or bike...?

you can, just if you get a cop who wants to see it same shit might happen.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq
    Skull and Wings sticker on the tank...make it go faster

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )