Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default New Project!! VS800 BUDGET BUILD *ALL EARS*

Let me start by saying i had a project cb550 caferacer same time last yr, but i was to anxious and purchased a bike with a seized motor as im sure most of ya'll know can be a huge problem so i sold the bike off as a parts bike. SO here i am again square one i just bought a 2000 VS800 frame with title for 25 dollars i figured i would make a bobber since im on a low budget build but man im in love with that cafe racer style.I guess what im asking is; would it be possible to streetfighter/cafe racer this project? IM ALL EARS

i will be keeping records of this build as of pics, parts and updates.. so please anyone ever heard of something of this nature being done? also if you know of any parts that could be helpful in anyway let me know.. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anything is possible man all it takes is time and money and if your like me you have little money and a whole lot of time

I got nothing but time bud,but not a whole lot of money. I've been doing a lot of looking around and I haven't seen much inspiration besides this other build on this site he has a nice ratrod with some clip-ons that I'm really digging.. any opinions or options I can use for the front/rear end?

I know I would want a single headlight up front with either some drag bars or clip-ons maybe off a sportbike and the rear end swingarm chain and tire set up off a sportbike aswell would that give a good agressive base to it don't you think or would that b to much of a hassle.. gears are just turning in my head I can hardly sleep I'm excited and want to get rolling again

Thumbs up

Ha actually it was your bike just realized

Hey bud, where are you from? Im in san benito and have an 1125Cr (cafe-racer) and maybe I can help you out with parts. I got stuff sitting around collecting dust. PM me if needed.
    Officer, I wasn't speeding!!??!! I was productively maintaining an expedited action....

I would rather ride a fast bike....than a fast woman....

Bigphillip79 is offline Don't need no stinkin' clutch Dec BOTM 2010

That frame is going to be tuff to cafe with some cut and choppin. The way the VS800 sits doesn't really lend itself to a racing stance. Your best/easiest route would be to build a bobber.
    "Be kind to your birds and your goats."

Thanks for the feedback guys, let me start by saying I am know a proud owner of a Fzr only problem is I don't know the yr or motor size lol. Got the bike for free my parents friends had it sitting up in the tree at the Bar and heard I was looking for a new project, so last night called up the homie to help throw this sucker in the bed of the truck! bike owner was present and said she'll have to look for the title bike was her sons who past away yrs ago , the fzr was running before they made it a windshime only down side is its been sitting outside for yrs and shows so ill need a complete tear down.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRoadRanger View Post
    Hey bud, where are you from? Im in san benito and have an 1125Cr (cafe-racer) and maybe I can help you out with parts. I got stuff sitting around collecting dust. PM me if needed.
    I'm in mission, and thanks if anything comes across ill go ahead and ask

I have a couple pics of it hopefully ya'll can help me determine what size it is I already checked the frame for cc but no luck.. :\ so last night after I got it home my girlfriend and I started to tear the plastics off. Sure enough It was more of a bird nest than a bike ^.^ the front forks and brake assembly will need replacement, ill more likely rebuild em still a "budget". But my handles & levers are completely shot so ill need some new clip ons and etc! Of coarse the carbs are gonna have to get rebuilt aswell.. This is now my Fzr #caferacer #streetfighter project pics coming soon I'm updating via cell phone

CR tailsection3.jpgrenthal2.jpgrenthal1Left.jpgrenthal1Right.JPG

Here are pics of my parts available. I need at least $100 for the clip-ons BUT let me get them out to you so you can check them and see if they will even work for you. If they work, great! If they don't fit, no since in buying them. The plastics we can work something out, IF you want or need them.
    Officer, I wasn't speeding!!??!! I was productively maintaining an expedited action....

I would rather ride a fast bike....than a fast woman....