Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

well this is it ill get some better pics later

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alexsracing; 10-30-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRoadRanger View Post
    Attachment 3785Attachment 3786Attachment 3787Attachment 3788

Here are pics of my parts available. I need at least $100 for the clip-ons BUT let me get them out to you so you can check them and see if they will even work for you. If they work, great! If they don't fit, no since in buying them. The plastics we can work something out, IF you want or need them.
    I like em that's just a litle too pricey for me

Dang that is one dirty bike lol. Time to wrench an get that motor running before u start buying everything else. That's what I did when I got my cbr929 that hadn't been turned on for 2yrs. Regardless its gonna take some money to bring back to life but look around an deals r bound to pop up. Hell u were given th bike, that's a deal in itself.
    Sweat u can wipe off, road rash u can't.

Ya for sure getting it runing again is at the top of my list but also cleaning and chopping it up along the way!! So today I got a break from my girlfriend and gutted the rear end and electrical. I even chopped a piece of the frame off not much but makes a huge differance! This week I plan on taking the carbs out to see how bad they really are hope just a nice cleaning will do the job and I won't have to rebuild them! As of now I'm gonna purchase pod flters to get rid of that 20pd box they call a airfilter.. as of now believe to have torn o at least 50pds of crap parts and dirty

So I couldn't wait till the week starts so I went ahead and took the carbs off, ill be cleaning these up and ill take out the sark plugs today aswell hopefully ill get to hear it run today or tomorrow ill ge ya'll some pics asap.. if you have any spare parts laying around I'm take em off you for free looking for clip ons with the buttons and gadgets alreadyattached if possible thanks!!

Here goes the layout of the progress made so far.. cleaned up and deleted a fugly unneeded section of the frame above the passanger pegs, carbs are off and underconsturction thankful they just need a good cleaning that's all, and replaced the spark plugs.. I tried to turn the motor over today but the starter was jammed so after takin it aprt and putting it together it turned over a few times and seized to work again my luck my gf's father rebuilds starters and etc so he will gladly rebuild it as a favor .. but that'll be done later this week!

As of now I'm gonna finish up the carbs clean some more dirt and grease off the motor till my starter is finished up.. once I hear this baby roar next step is rebuild the front forks and replace the seals, wiring, brakes and tires..

Quick list of parts I need any help or donations are very much appreciated:
    Clip-ons
    Forks and/or clutch/brake levers
    Single/dual headlights mine are huge!!
    Side end mirrors
    Free used tires
    Exhaust/headers

I told you I had parts but Im not GIVING my s@*t away! Im gonna have some used tires in a week or so when I change out my pirelli's but if you are gonna want them, you will need to come get them. I can't use my fuel to give something for free. These clip-ons are a steal I have for $100. I paid over $200 for them and they are just sitting here. Let me know. ML
    Officer, I wasn't speeding!!??!! I was productively maintaining an expedited action....

I would rather ride a fast bike....than a fast woman....

i dont mind the drive to pick up some free used tires or anything.. nothing in life is free understood but theres nothing wrong with a helping hand. im not Paying 100 dollars for any clip ons regardless how much they were bought for if you paid that much and theyre just sitting there your loss my friend!! ill just glady order some online for 40 bucks and use my extra 60 for a battery.. your clip ons are over priced my man.. now if you wanna talk parts and make me a bundle deal thats negotiable clip ons , tires, etc for 100 and we got a deal.. but just clip ons no thank you, No Hard Feelings

so as of right now i finished up my carbs and they're working great now im waiting for that starter to come in so i can fire the motor up!!

here are 2 quick pics. one under the seat begging of the cleaning and clearing stage... and the other pic of the rear piece of frame i chopped along with 25pounds of plastic and crap

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alexsracing; 10-30-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Best thing u can do is look for used replacement parts on fleabay. What kind of biking r u making? A streetfighter?

For th headlight simply take one, make a bracket, an place it in th center. Sometimes u jus gotta work with what u already got. If i want a dual set up, set them up one on top of th other. That way th size isn't as obvious.

I'm all about streetfighters bud. If u need something fitted but don't kno how to go about it jus ask. When ur on a budget u gotta think like McGyver.
    Sweat u can wipe off, road rash u can't.