Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

yea going for a streetfighter look, at the moment im saving up for some new forks ive read up and found that the early r6 is a straight swap. im hoping to find it with the triple tree, clip ons, brake lines, and levers all attached.. ive seen them for around 400 on ebay but so far ive been lucky i ordered a starter rebuild kit off ebay for 20 buks and had it rebuilt for free also just recently turned the bike over to check for compression and it passed the test i have a new rear tire, new sparkplugs, battery, and am waiting for the holidays to be over so i can order a new igniton, some new wiring, and im sure there a few extra little things im forgetting

Keep going till its up on 2. Don't wanna see another build take years an years.
    Sweat u can wipe off, road rash u can't.

I feel you thanks for following the post I wish I could just chancge the name of the build since my vs800 frame is just sitting there and its not my main project at the moment, so I am changing the oil andfilter and will be throwing the cqrbs back on pretty soon, once that's settled I will start the re wiring process and order the new front end!! I'm really disappointed tho after stripping the tank I found bondo everywhere and a quarter size rust hole on the bottem right corner that needs to be fixed, I am also interested in converting my bike into a one seater but it'll be my first time fabricating a seat or anything for this matter with fiberglass any advice to help this process go as smooth as possible?! Can't wait to get rolling and back on 2 wheels its been way too long!!

I would actually jus cut up th seat u already have down to th size u want an use a heat gun to mold th plastic to a more specific shape. I haven't worked with fiber glass.

wish it was that simple its a 2 peice seat so its not just one banana seat, i would like to keep the stock rider seat because i love the way it sits.its tucked position, and its very comfortable as well. im thinkink to use the seat and start molding the tail peice to it!? so that way its all one peice this is sort of an idea of what im thinking seeams suitable for my bike the lines flow with my tank somewhat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Should work. In th end if ur happy w th result that's all that matters

Alright guys new oil filter and oil are in play as well as the wiring!! I have to say I'm excited today I got the bike running on all 4 cyl and she purs like a beast had it running for about 15 secs till I flooded the carbs, I was just using some tubing and a funnel for now snce my tank isn't worthy of holding gas, I'm just excited to here it run!! Anyone know of any motorcycle junkyards in the mcallen area willing to travel just not too far out..

another set back found more rust on my tank holes bigger than i had thought not fixable!! anyone know if any newer style tanks would mount up without looking goofy?

Ur best bet is ebay. I haven't heard of any motorcycle junkyards around here. Or Google replacement tanks, maybe someone, somewhere has found a solution to what ur having issues with.

Alrighty thanks, I got back at it this morning fixed the carb flooding problem and had it running for a few minutes