Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Shinko Front Tire Sale

120/70-17 F003 (Stealth) or F005 (Advance) for $95.00!!
    Tire, Mounting and Balancing all included !
    If you prefer another brand, let me know and I'll get the best price I can for you.

NEW !! (Dec '09)
    Continental Motion-Sport tires now available at the same price as Shinko's !!

Last edited by RGV Cycle Stuff; 01-20-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added Continental Motion-Sport tires
    Robert
    RGV Cycle Stuff

I know everyone down here in the valley is "crazy for shinkos" but I'd like to know your opinion about them?
    Are they a good all around tire?
    How are they on wet surface conditions?
    What kinda mileage can I expect from a Shinko?
    I'm aware the type of riding one does affects the life-span of tires, but I usually only commute and hardly ride very hard.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Shinko's are "OK". Your right when you said everyone down here is "crazy for Shinko's"..., it's probably just the price. You will get good enough grip and mileage though with the 005 Advance Shinko. I'd can give a similar deal on a Dunlop Qualifier, but it would be $135.00 out the door. Tire, Mounting & Balancing and Tax all included. Also only through Thursday the 30th. Since these don't sell like the Shinko's I don't have any in stock, it would take 2 to 3 days to get in.
    Robert
    RGV Cycle Stuff

Lol, yea, I've seen everyone and their buddy with shinkos on their motorbikes.
    For a while I thought it was a "popularity" kinda thing, like a cult custom to have shinkos on your ride.
    But I guess ur right, thats dirt cheap and mounted and everything, red bow and everything. Nice.
    I probably have bout 50-60% thread-life left on my Dunlops, but when they start to near their final days, I'm more than likely to stop by ur shop.
    Thanks for the input!

Oh by the way,
    I noticed that you guys do bike-lighting, would you guys happen to install LED Halo-lights or Cold-Cathode Angel-eyes similar to these:

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ROD&ProdID=266

Bump.. for a great deal.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.

Sorry, I didn't see your post till today. I am and have been searching for a good wholesaler for the Halo/Angel, even HID lights for a while, and am not yet happy with anyone that I've found.
    So until then all we have and do is the cosmetic LED lighting.
    I'll let you know when I've found the others in a quality I'm happy with, and a price good for both my customers and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_f4i View Post
    Oh by the way,
    I noticed that you guys do bike-lighting, would you guys happen to install LED Halo-lights or Cold-Cathode Angel-eyes
    Robert
    RGV Cycle Stuff

+
    Last edited by RGV Cycle Stuff; 10-13-2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Robert
    RGV Cycle Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by RGV Cycle Stuff View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see your post till today. I am and have been searching for a good wholesaler for the Halo/Angel, even HID lights for a while, and am not yet happy with anyone that I've found.
    So until then all we have and do is the cosmetic LED lighting.
    I'll let you know when I've found the others in a quality I'm happy with, and a price good for both my customers and myself.
    Sounds good!
    keep us posted, I'll sure to be one of your first customers for Angel or halo light upgrades.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_f4i View Post
    I know everyone down here in the valley is "crazy for shinkos" but I'd like to know your opinion about them?
    Are they a good all around tire?
    How are they on wet surface conditions?
    What kinda mileage can I expect from a Shinko?
    I'm aware the type of riding one does affects the life-span of tires, but I usually only commute and hardly ride very hard.
    Hey Joey, I was doing some surfing and came accross some info about Shinko. Shinko bought all the tooling, molds and rubber tech from Yokohama and move the manufacturing to Korea. Pretty interesting.

For those that don't know who Yokohama is, they are a top tier Japanese tire mfr. They make Advans, and come OEM on some of the worlds fastest automobiles such as Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus, Mercedes, Porsche, and of course Evo's .

References
    [ame="http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4IBMA_enUS320US204&q=Shinko+Yokohama"]Shinko Yokohama - Google Search[/ame]
    Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 08-03-2009 at 11:19 AM.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.