Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How much is it if i bring in my own tire, just need the switch done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX View Post
    Hey Joey, I was doing some surfing and came accross some info about Shinko. Shinko bought all the tooling, molds and rubber tech from Yokohama and move the manufacturing to Korea. Pretty interesting.

For those that don't know who Yokohama is, they are a top tier Japanese tire mfr. They make Advans, and come OEM on some of the worlds fastest automobiles such as Aston Martin, Bentley, Lotus, Mercedes, Porsche, and of course Evo's .

References
    Shinko Yokohama - Google Search
    I had noticed that Yokohama had been absent from the street tire aftermarket for a while.
    Cool, now they're Shinko, good to know.
    Spank you Evo!
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonez View Post
    How much is it if i bring in my own tire, just need the switch done.
    I think i saw it in another thread that if you take the rim and tire it is like $20 for mounting and balancing.

I went by and asked that same exact question about bringing in my own tire and rim, and I was told $45 for mounting and balancing if I didn't buy the tire from RGV Cyclestuff. I have found other places much more affordable.
    All ya'll suck...Hard
    '08 Suzuki B-King, '85 Honda V65 Sabre, '08 Kawi C-14, '11 Suzuki 650 Burgman

Quote Originally Posted by geneelder View Post
    I think i saw it in another thread that if you take the rim and tire it is like $20 for mounting and balancing.
    Thanks, I'd already PM'd Bonez asking for specifices like tube type or not etc. to get him a price.

$45. seems high, even for me. Must have been something else in play to get a price that high. Or a mis-understanding. Even if bringing the bike in and not just the wheel, and the tire is purchased elsewhere, a front is never that high. It is normal though for prices to be a little higher when the tire is purchased elsewhere.
    Robert
    RGV Cycle Stuff

October sale on Shinko's. As the first post shows, buy a rear and the front is $90.00 "out the door". Tire, Mount & Balance and Tax all included.
    The rears are also on sale.
    Robert
    RGV Cycle Stuff

how much do u have the ravens on 120/70/17 and 190/50/17

Can you guys get me your best prices on a rear tire installed for my 96 magna, I think the stock size is 150/80. Try Shinko, dunlop, metzer. Don't know how wide we can go without getting into trouble with the brake stay rod.

Shinko 11yrs old technology.
    In 1998 the Shinko Group purchased the motorcycle tire technology and molds from Yokohama Rubber Co.
    The Ultra Soft STEALTH tire is great for drag racing. The rest good for staights touring tires, curves slow down. Not real sport bike tires.
    Go with the Dunlop,Michelin

Quote Originally Posted by i2fast4u View Post
    Shinko 11yrs old technology.
    In 1998 the Shinko Group purchased the motorcycle tire technology and molds from Yokohama Rubber Co.
    The Ultra Soft STEALTH tire is great for drag racing. The rest good for staights touring tires, curves slow down. Not real sport bike tires.
    Go with the Dunlop,Michelin
    But it gets the job done. I think most people understand that they aren't the top of the line (hence the deal), but they're still a good tire. Anybody who takes being competitive serious will give there tire choice serious consideration. For everbody else they are fine.
    I have helmets, jackets and other stuff for sale in the classifieds section
    If the link doesn't work, just look in the classifieds section

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Evo IX View Post
    Ok, I gotta eat my words.