Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb TPX Motorcycle Radar Detector

Robert at RGV Cycle Stuff Hooked me up with a TPX Motorcycle Detector. I've had it for a bit and all I can say is I Love It!!!

First let me start off with telling you installation was a breeze! It comes with everything you need for you DIY people out there.

Specifications:

*Exceptional radar and laser detection
    *Water-resistant construction
    *Shock- and vibration-resistant design
    *Oversize, backlit control buttons
    *Angled, backlit, daylight-visible LCD
    *Compatible with other communication or audio systems
    *Simple installation

Designed with the motorcyclist in mind, the TPX Motorcycle Radar Detector from Adaptiv Technologies is water-, shock-, and vibration-resistant. It features oversized buttons for ease of use with riding gloves. Its large, angled, top-positioned LCD optimizes viewing from all riding positions and is easily viewable in direct sunlight.
    The Main Console is designed to be used with the TPX™ Wireless Headset or TPX™ Visual Alert. It has a 3.5mm mono auxiliary-out jack for integration with other audio or communication systems. Powered directly from the motorcycle’s battery with the included Wiring Harness.
    The Main Console detects all police radar and laser bands and is certified by Speed Measurement Labs, an independent laboratory considered by many to be the leader in the field of radar detector testing.

Dimensions: 4L x 2W x 1H inches

Features: Waterproof

Brand: Adaptiv Tech

Next, Robert hooked me up with the TPX Wireless Headset for my helmet. I'm not saying it's a must have for the device because it does come with a 3.5 jack to plug in your earbuds but for those of us that like to stay wireless... Okay, for me it was a must have!

My Review:

This thing is great!!! I love it! It does a great job for what it is. A Radar Detector! Don't confuse this with some kind of Radar Jammer! It will not keep you from getting a ticket. It is a tool to give you a heads up if someone is out there with their radar on looking for speeders. I have noticed that the DPS around here don't turn on their speed determining devices on until you are in their line of site. This device will no do you much good in this type of situation.

I give this product 5 starts out of a possible 5 stars!

As for the wireless head set, as I stated before you don't need it but it is really nice to have. If mounted correctly you will need to turn the volume down a bit even while running you mp3 player with earbuds. There is also a visual alert device sold separately but I try to keep my eyes on a the road and the audio alert works great for me.

If you have any questions about the TPX setup please don't hesitate to ask myself or Robert! We will try to get back to you as soon as we can.

If you're interested in purchasing your own TPX setup and or getting it installed on your ride contact Robert at RGV Cycle Stuff here on the board or at his location.

does the smoke windshield affect it in any way?
    2008 Ducati 848
    2003 CBR600RR -- SOLD
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

does it detect pop radar systems? all DPS are switching to that soon

how much was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    does the smoke windshield affect it in any way?
    I am not doing any scientific test for this and I am sure it probably is affecting it but I am happy with the way it is performing. I know it's not the answer you are looking for but I need to run with Scott and Harry a little more to see how it compares to the Valentine. The last time I rode with Scott I don't think he had his with him.

Summary, I need more trial runs with others to see how it compares.
    Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Always A MARINE!

Quote Originally Posted by odie View Post
    does it detect pop radar systems? all DPS are switching to that soon
    I looked into this for you and the answer is no. This is why the company didn't see it as an "important feature"

POP mode works by sending out a quick burst of pulse radar at approximately 67 milliseconds. MPH Industries admits that while in this mode, that the displayed speed of a vehicle may not be accurate. They recommend that the officer only use this mode to obtain an estimate of speed from the target vehicle, establish a vehicle tracking history, and then switch to normal mode to obtain the exact speed.

Therefore POP mode is seldom, if ever used by law enforcement and should not be a major concern as an "important feature" in considering your radar detector.

In fact, most radar detectors that have the POP mode have it disabled by default, as activating POP on detectors, opens it up to receive a false alerts.

Quote Originally Posted by TopR6 View Post
    how much was it?
    Robert can you please get back to the thread with a price list of the TPX system. Main console, visual alert, wireless headset, mounts, etc...

but pop radar give you a heads up, most DPS that use pop also have instant on radar, so they pop you to see if your going fast, if you are then they turn the instant radar on and its too late, its a nice feature to have in my opinion

Thanks Jason.
    The detector lists for $299.95, however we can sell them at $259.95.
    The wireless headset as shown above is $59.95.
    The visual allert is $39.95.
    If you want a second mount (for a second motorcycle), it's just $18.95.
    However, sales were great before the holidays and all are back ordered untill late January.
    Remember we do have a lay-a-way type payment plan, if I sell enough maybe i'll be able to buy a bike fast enough to need a detector .
    Robert.
    Robert
    RGV Cycle Stuff

Radar Roy says 4 out of 5 stars. Pretty good IMO.

http://www.radarroy.com/2008/03/moto...he-tpx-system/
    Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 04-01-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.