Thread: Kikker 5150

Default Kikker 5150

hey,

I have been browsing through ya'lls website and I'm impressed.
    Those bikes look super sick, you get a fully customizable ride at a great affordable price.
    Its a great idea, I could imagine how mine would look.
    Btw, how hard or easy is to put a 5150 together out of the box?
    Besides the obvious things, like Oil, Gasoline and brake fluid, what other things would you need that don't come with the parts in the box?
    I've heard that some can put one together is 4-6 hours, thats pretty fast.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

I have an old "The Horse Mag" you can borrow that talks about their kikker, its suppose to be 4 hours complete, everything in box. Good read, beautiful TR6 Build in it.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq
    Skull and Wings sticker on the tank...make it go faster

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Hey guys. Glad to see so much interest in the Hardknocks. They're really solid little bikes.

The kits come ready to assemble in four boxes (frame, motor, wheels, parts), and the build time is pretty short. Most of the assemblies come ready to bolt on (e.g. brake levers, cables, and calipers, etc.) so four to six hours sounds about right. Even the brake reservoirs come filled, so all you really need is a can of 20w50 and a tank of gas. You'll also want to charge the battery while you build the bike since it doesn't come charged.

You'll need:

blue Loctite
    SAE and metric socket sets
    metric wrench set
    metric Allen wrenches
    medium sized crescent wrench
    rubber or plastic mallet
    Philips and flat head screwdrivers
    mini screwdriver set
    box cutters

A dremel and a drill are helpful since there are little pieces that you'll want to tweak for the best fit (jockey shift spacers, handlbar risers, battery box, etc.). I would also recommend sealing the tank with Red-Kote or another fuel tank sealant, and using a gas resistant liquid gasket when attaching the cutoff valve to the tank.

Really, the only thing that might slow you down is if you want to do custom paint on the tins. There is no practical way to get the rear fender off without removing the wheel, and consequently the chain has to come off as well.

The kits don't come with instructions, but they're available free of charge as a PDF file. There's even a five part series on Youtube that gives you all the assembly details from start to finish.

Give me a call whenever you're in the Northwest McAllen area and I'll be happy to show you the bikes I've got in stock.
    Texas Hardknock
    Authorized Kikker 5150 Dealer
    www.texashardknock.com
    956-467-0671

Wow, you guys have this locked down.
    That sounds great, not only do you get a bike custom to your specifications but you have the satisfaction of building it yourself and knowing every square inch of that motorbike.
    Also, I like the idea of all the extra parts available for the 5150, I'm in love with the drag-bar gloss-black 5150 w/ the 8Ball tank and shifter you guys have posted on the site.
    I'd love to go check you guys out, hopefully (and if no one calls in sick) I'm off work Friday and I'd like to check out those sweet rides.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Yeah, one of the nice things is that all the little custom extras are pretty inexpensive. Chrome frame for $80, ape hangers for $60 including extended brake and throttle cables.

You get a lot of value for your money.
    Texas Hardknock
    www.texashardknock.com
    956-467-0671

Damn this sounds pretty interesting. Are these the same kind you see around the valley with the sportster motor swap? I've seen 2 that look like this but with a 800cc.

Hey Joe. I've seen a few custom v-twin Hardknocks, but only online. None in the Valley that I know of. There are a couple of bigger bobbers rolling around here though.

Maybe a Fly Rite or Sucker Punch Sally?
    Texas Hardknock
    www.texashardknock.com
    956-467-0671

I don't know man but if work starts picking up again I will order one.