Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation RGV Texas Sport Bike Association Sunday Morning Ride 02/28/2010

TSBA's Sunday Morning Rides (SMRs) usually take us all over the Rio Grande Valley's back roads. We meet at the Stripes gas station located on the corner of Nolana and Expressway 281 in Pharr, TX. Current ride time is: meet at 8:00am ride at 8:30, times are subject to change. Any changes on meeting point, destination, or time will be discussed in our bbs.

REQUIREMENTS
    Although our rides are open to anyone, we requires the following safety gear in order to participate in a club ride. Failing to meet the requirements below will result in you being asked to rejoin us at a future time when proper gear is present and being worn.

Full-face helmet
    Solid boots that cover the ankles
    Leather gloves
    Long-sleeved leather, denim, textile gear, or other abrasion-resistant jacket
    Full-length pants, preferably jeans, leather, or textile gear

More information about the Texas Sport Bike Association can be found on their website http://www.tsba.org/

Here is another example of what you may experience on a SMR.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/9832156"]RGV TSBA SMR 02/28/2010 on Vimeo[/ame]
    Not As Lean, Not As Mean, Always A MARINE!

Great video, thanks for recording and posting
    08 Honda CBR 1000RR
    05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    99 Honda Civic SI (stolen)

jason what did you do to record that? i might need to borrow someones helmet cam thing if me and wife go sky diving, im trying to get some GOOD footage lol

One day your life will flash before your eyes, Make sure its worth watching...

“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Quote Originally Posted by donR6 View Post
    jason what did you do to record that? i might need to borrow someones helmet cam thing if me and wife go sky diving, im trying to get some GOOD footage lol
    I'm using a Drift X170. The first video of an SMR I was using it as a helmet cam. It was mounted on my handle bars for the last two videos. Not bad for being mounted there. At first I thought it would turn out bad because of the vibration.

Here is some more info about the cam:
    Find out more Here

» Functions can be controlled by a wireless RF remote control
    » A 1.5″ screen helps you to line up the perfect shot and to show off your video right away
    » Memory expansion up to 8Gb on SD card
    » With a wide angle lens of 170º you will get all the action in your shot
    » All the mounts that you need are provided, plus it has a metal 8mm mount

Great Video Jason! Sorry bout your radiator
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.

where you the culprit Dan?
    2008 Ducati 848
    2003 CBR600RR -- SOLD
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

No Sir, I let Jason go in front of me at the beginning of the ride. And then well... (embarassed) I had a kill switch mishap coming out of turn 4 . Just following the sawdust all over the apex of turn 3 ass pucker moment , anyhow my nerves were kinda shot and I hung out in the back till after Jason's radiator mishap.

Overall the ride was awesome, went on a few new roads and we hit some twisty turns in La Feria that were fun. Oh Yea! I had a good time at Hooters .
    Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 03-01-2010 at 11:32 PM.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.

2008 Ducati 848
    2003 CBR600RR -- SOLD
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

Kinda bad SMR for me... At 3:33 into the video my right foot peg grabbed a big mouth full of assault and somehow my Muzzy exhaust took a little beating... I don't like dents or scratches but what can you do when you actually use your bike. At 6:33 into the video I was looking at the next curve and didn't notice Oscar slowing down and almost ran into him. That may have caused me to buy a Honda and not in the fashion I would have wanted too. At 7:03 we noticed the leak in my radiator. Again, these are things you MUST expect if you ride hard.

I would have gotten more footage of other bikes but there was a huge gap between Kasey, Oscar, me, Jason Utah, and the rest of the riders. I'm not saying the rest of the riders were riding to slow, I'm just saying... "They were riding their own ride" and so were we.

As always, I hope you enjoyed the video. I really would like to see more people join our group for SMR's.

Quote Originally Posted by donR6 View Post
    you can borrow my GoPro wide, it's got a stout case, and about an hour record time, you should each borrow one!
    If you can't keep up, don't step up.....