Default Policy on advertisement

Hi, I wanted to post an explanation of our policy on advertisement on this forum. This may help clarify what could be a sticky point.

RGVCycles.com generally does not allow non vendor / sponsor companies to be advertised on our site. We realize there are lots of occaisions when someone is just helping someone else out, who asked a question

Example:

Question posted "Where can I get my fork seals done"?

Answer posted "You can get your fork seals done at ******" (and the referred shop is not a vendor)

Verdict: That's ok.

If nobody asked a question about fork seals and someone just says "Hey ***** does awesome work! and they do fork seals for cheaper than anyone else", then that's advertisement and it's generally not allowed without a vendor agreement.

I realize members may just be trying to hook people up with good people, shops, etc, but think of the forum as our yard. If someone want's to put a sign in our yard then they have to have an agreement with us. If someone just puts a sign in our yard without asking, we'll probably take it down.

[ame="http://rgvcycles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117"]Information about becoming a Vendor / Sponsor - RGVcycles.com Forums[/ame]
    Last edited by alexsracing; 09-29-2009 at 02:29 PM.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.

One exception to this rule is when someone is hosting/promoting an event. In that case it's for the benefit of the community to know about it, and we don't require the event sponsor / vendor to have a vendor agreement.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.