Default San Antonio Suspension Setup / Hill Counrty ride 11/20/2010 - 11/21/2010

I got a short notice trip together to take my bike to San Antonio and get my suspension setup and after mentioning it Zach and Scott decided they wanted to come along and suggested we stay the night and ride the Hill Country as well. The night before we were all up late getting ready for the trip and let me tell you 5:00am comes early! For some dumb reason I had setup a 10am appointment with the suspension tuner.. more on that later

Checking tire pressure and getting ready to go.

Yep it's still dark, and as were fixing to find out.. Damn chilly too.

Stopped in Falfurrias for some gas and a break / warm-up / cup of coffee.

Gearing up to get on the road again. We made a few gas stops on the way

Arrived at Road and Track Suspension in San Antonio (Late ), no biggie..

Keith had my bike setup in about 10minutes if that and got started on the FJR's. Zach bought some take-offs and had them mounted.

This is Keith's old racebike, figured I'd grab a pic.

I dont have photos but we went over to MotoLiberty as they were having an event over there. Tried on some gear and watched some parking lot movies. 'Any Given Sunday' and 'The Doctor, The Tornado, and The Kentucky Kid'. We decided we were spent from the drive there and would hit the twistys in the morning.

when we got up on Sunday it was raining and San Antonio was soaked but we prayed for the sun and took off. It was drizzling a little and worst case scenario rain riding and dirtay bikes.

Sunday Morning gas stop on the way to Boerne.

Damn that's a good looking bike.

Some timer photos.. The first one I think the wind was blowing the camera around... second one trash in the foreground..

Jumped off in Boerne and took a few pictures. The roads were wet but at least it wasn't raining. C'mon sunlight!

The Hill Country has some gorgeous scenery. This was my first time ever going so I really enjoyed it. They have real tree's in Boerne

Rode out to Sisterdale on wet roads and figured out my bike was AWESOME.. even in the wet. Still had 42psi in the rear so we stopped for a smoke, some trailmix, and some water and I let some air out. The roads were drying up but at this point I didn't really care. Having a good time

Luckenbach TX, we stopped off here so I could use the portapotty. Talked motorcycles with a guy there for a few minutes. The roads had dried up pretty good and we were going to turn it up a little.

Motorcyclists everywhere.

Airmail?

Stopped by to get some beef jerky and cheese at this place. Chatted wth the guys on these bikes for a bit.

Check out the caddy! Rockin!

Nice filler door!

500+ cubic inches.. Caddy powa!

Everybody loves BOOBS!

Stonehinge

Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 11-22-2010 at 05:22 PM.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.

Good pics man, Really like thar caddi.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq
    Skull and Wings sticker on the tank...make it go faster

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Man I need to head out of town for a good ride...oh wait I need to get a bike first shit. Man thats a bad ass caddy

This was probably one of the funnest trips Ive ever ridden. We had so many interesting meetings with strangers, lots of laughs, and lots of miles. I want to do it again already.

Oh yea.. forgot to mention we put 824miles on the clocks. I was damn readly to get off the bike by the time we got back but I had an awesome time. There's not much that is more fun than taking a motorcycle trip with friends!

Also here's the links to the video. I have a wet road video from Boerne to Sisterdale that's pretty good too. I'll edit and post it tommorow.

[ame="http://www.rgvcycles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=44308#post44308"]Twisted Sister FM336 - Members Motorcycle Videos[/ame]

And my bike is on rails now, it always had a really edgy nervousness that was disconcerting. Keith @ Road and Track Suspension really fixed me up!
    Last edited by Mr. Evo IX; 11-22-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.

nice pics! looked like an awesome little trip!
    glad you guys had fun and everyone got back safely!
    "Speed is your friend"
    -Guy Martin

CMRA #956

08 Honda CBR 1000RR (soon to be my next track bike)
    06 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R(track bike)
    06 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (track bike)
    04 Honda Ruckus 49cc (pit bike)
    05 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    03 BMW 325i (Gift from my man!)

mR.1 is offline Bringin' Jesus back, 1 thread at a time.

looked like fun
    GO LAKERS!!!

the beauty of photography...capturing the evidence of life GREAT pics!

I'm jealous. Where you guys get all this TIME??
    2007 BMW R1200R

Great pics, look like alot of fun. Agree, Caddy looks really cool Glad you guys made it back safely. Gotta get more miles/experience & hopefully move up to a sport-tourer in the future.