Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bigphillip79 is offline Don't need no stinkin' clutch Dec BOTM 2010

Default Local Harley Bankrupt?

Any body here the news? Harley here in town has filed for bankruptcy. I always thought they had too many bikes on the floor. Bad time for bike sales but makes for good prices for those with money.
    "Be kind to your birds and your goats."

YAY!!
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq
    Skull and Wings sticker on the tank...make it go faster

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Thats too bad. Its always sad to hear peoples businesses went south. I know the pain. Never filed myself..but did put mine on the shelf.

That sucks, are they reorganizing or closing their doors?
    Internuts

The phenomenon that occurs when someone becomes a badass when addressing others on a message board. It is a common practice for the reticent, meek, and cowardly to make bold statements on the Internet, knowing there is no way to be held accountable.

The owner owns RGV HD and RRHD, This one dosnt make nearly as much sales as the one in San B. So its probably to cut some of his loss and keep the money where the income is comeing in better.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

I agree with Zachary, you can't have too many buildings where we can go and admire cool bikes. Being a newbie I wouldn't want to stir up trouble, so I'll just state my experience.

In the market for a new bike a little over a year ago, maybe 14 months ago. 09s were clearing out and I thought It would be a good time to buy. McAllen/Mission store tells me they are charging 105% of MSRP +++. San antonio offered a discount, but I ended up staying home and bought a Suzuki.

If HD had been willing to deal (first half of dealership) things may have been different. I was fond of the Blue & White color scheme they had going in 09.

Thats actually most complaints about this particular Hd, The RRHD actually sells them cheaper then the RGVHD.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Wish I'd a known that little piece of information. I think I was under the impression that they were owned by the same person...assumption...same business plan. Someone else noted earlier that RRHD sold more bikes. Hmmm.

they pissed off too many people we got alot of customers because of the people that were upset with them from what I hear the owner of F&T will probably buy back the franchise and I'm sure he'll build the dealership back up...well at least thats what people have said

They are owned by the same person. Just different sales tactics at both locations.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )