Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

again nice man. I wish flyrite would make a frame for the Blast. I know a few people would get them
    1984 Honda Shadow VT500C

Talked to Jason from flyrite he said his Triumph Frame might fit into it. Also talked to JC from 3 2 Customs and we were throwing around ideas for a frame for the blast.

Crossroads makes a "Kit" that will attach a blast to a sporty frame but at 500 bucks thats roughly a new frame or DNA front end.

Real cool dude from Dallas is making a 1 of custom board tracker frame for the blast and doing a turbo he might consider making more. Real cool dude. Monkey Wrench Motorcycles.

I also just had an idea, Can possibly mount it into a Rebel Frame would be about the same height wise and length. But not too sure.

Also if you search Billy Bobber Frame theres a guy who used to sell Kicker 5150's and now makes frames that are better quality (he says)
    Last edited by Spade115; 04-26-2011 at 10:28 AM.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq
    Skull and Wings sticker on the tank...make it go faster

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Hows your build comeing alonge man?
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Hey JR, it just came to mind that i know a guy who is in harlingen/ san benito area and custom builds frames for buells. Sorry i didnt think of it earlier. Ive seen his work and is very very nice.... His name is Jack Davis and he works out of the Motorcycle Shop in san benito. He doesn't work there but is there alot because he knows owners very well. I do have a phone number for him and can get it to ya when you are interested in calling him. He did the custom paint on all my fiberglass fairings for the buell when it had the 'full fairings'. very nice guy..
    Officer, I wasn't speeding!!??!! I was productively maintaining an expedited action....

I would rather ride a fast bike....than a fast woman....

Sure I might be able to head out that way saturday I know Seth and Wayne havnt talked to them in a good while.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Oh thats funny... Was just out there a week or so showing off the buell and seth and wayne were pretty stoked about it.
    Officer, I wasn't speeding!!??!! I was productively maintaining an expedited action....

Ive been meaning to go out that way if you talk to seth tell em Cowboy said sup.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

Hey spade, i talked to Jack Davis about buell frames, Im gonna send you a PM

Hey, sorry I haven't been around for a little while, but i've been moving. I'm finally getting settled in and back to work on the bike. I got a place here in Harlingen with a garage, but then the garage was packed so tight I couldn't even get to the bike for a couple weeks. I finally have it cleaned up enough to work, and got my air compressor and welding machine hooked back up. To catch you guys up, I picked up a set of used 12" apes from The Motorcycle Shop in San Benito, and bolted them to my springer using the 1" brass risers I had ordered...

I mounted the stock sportster peanut tank to the backbone only to find it was too long, and when it was sitting far enough back to clear the handlebars at full turn, it overlapped where I wanted the front of my seat...Sooo, I ditched the '02 tank and picked up a '79 Ironhead tank that is 2 1/2" inches shorter.

Now that i'm happy with all of this, stripped it all back down to just a frame, and slapped the motor in...by myself, which is a bi-otch. I did the old lay down the motor and bolt the frame to the motor trick. Finally i've got it back to the rolling chassis, but with the motor in place...

Today I spend some time getting the kickstand tab modified, I could only find a setup for 1 1/2" tube, so I had to cut it down and radius it for a 1" tube. It's ready to tack onto the frame, but I left my welding rods in my girlfriends car and she's out getting a pedicure right now...D'oh!!! Oh well, now I get to sit down and catch you guys up.
    "You underestimate the power of the dark side" ~ Darth Vader
    Harley Davidson 1200 on a Flyrite rigid frame (under construction)

Looking really good man. Very cool
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )