Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XS 650 build

Default XS 650 build

Again wish I had taken some before pics because the bike changed alot since it was bought by us...Any ways so far we made and installed new rear fender, H bomb faux oil tank for all electrical, alien gas tank from lowbrow, and after some machining and fab work installed what I refer to as GSX-R1 front end. I still have quite a bit more to finish hopefully I'll be done by bikefest at least thats the plan I'll post photos as the project gets closer to being completed

looks great!!

Thats nice... I want to build bobbers also... But im by myself haha

Start chopping away man

Was it alot of work to put that front end on it??? I am thinkin of doing something like that to mine but I only have a grinder and small welder(which is broken)... I know once I order the peanut tank, it'll change the appearance of it by alot but I still want something like custom on it... Thanks for helping me out

Bigphillip79 is offline Don't need no stinkin' clutch Dec BOTM 2010

not hard, just money. You can probably buy the bearing and races to fit and work pretty easy depending on which front end you use.
    "Be kind to your birds and your goats."

Yea one way is bearings its probably the easiest way I could have done it for this XS but I wanted to finish it and didn't feel like waiting for the bearings to arrive so I pressed out the stem from the lower tree and machined it to fit the factory bearings the bottom tree is a gsxr lower and r1 upper tree and legs

Damn... Im just going to stick with mine lol...

Small update pulled the motor from the frame Zeke is going to start tearing it down for a rebuild and powder coating and I started cleaning up the frame by removing all extra tabs and gussets and I want to stretch the frame and add a drop seat as well

Thats the alien tank right??? And do you think I can change my backbone setup to a single backbone??? Mine is kinda funny...
    Last edited by ChonsChopShop; 12-08-2011 at 03:06 PM.