Default Honda rebel 250cc bobber?

Im planning on getting me a 2007 honda rebel 250cc and turning it to a bobber. The problem is that ive been getting alot of crap over that by my cousin who owns a harley telling me that i might aswell just buy a scooter or dirt bike if i want to learn how to ride one.. N of course my response is why would i buy a 1400cc bike n go smeer myself a pavement for. Plus I think the rebel bobbers if u build it correct they look awesome. He also says that is like listening to a freaking lawnmower cuz the motor has no ball but i know that if you modify buy cutting or putting a diffrent muffler you can make sound mean aswell. I want to know you'lls opinion of wether u think the honda rebel is a good bike to flip into a bobber and ride it. Thank you

i answered you in your other thred but i say DO IT, heck with the HARLEY OWNERS, to them if it ISNT a harley it isnt a bike. i say do what makes you happy

One day your life will flash before your eyes, Make sure its worth watching...

“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.”

Bigphillip79 is offline Don't need no stinkin' clutch Dec BOTM 2010

Rebels are great bikes. Reliable, easy to maintain, efficient, affordable, and just fast enough for the freeway. They make great bobbers with little effort and for cheap. America has an unjustified obsession with big bikes. I here too many time where someone has out grown there bike. So they go from cruising 70mph on a 650cc bike to 70mph on a 1400cc bike. For most riders 250cc is all they need. The need to be cool or excepted makes them want something bigger. Don't listen to your cousin. Harley guys are turds, be a motorcycle guy. If he won't let you ride with him you can ride with us.

Check out the Honda Rebel Forum, they have tons of info.
    "Be kind to your birds and your goats."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigphillip79 View Post
    Rebels are great bikes. Reliable, easy to maintain, efficient, affordable, and just fast enough for the freeway. They make great bobbers with little effort and for cheap. America has an unjustified obsession with big bikes. I here too many time where someone has out grown there bike. So they go from cruising 70mph on a 650cc bike to 70mph on a 1400cc bike. For most riders 250cc is all they need. The need to be cool or excepted makes them want something bigger. Don't listen to your cousin. Harley guys are turds, be a motorcycle guy. If he won't let you ride with him you can ride with us.

Check out the Honda Rebel Forum, they have tons of info.
    I see how it is phil Tear...fker

lol Honestly what phils talking about is very true. depending on how you ride and what kind of rider other people are will depend really on what they "should" have.

Now a 250cc that will do 70 when you want to cruise is perfect. a 1450 Hd doing 70 mph is great to cruise on, difference is your saving roughly 10,000 on a brand (HD)

NOW

For instance, I speed and in all honestly I should probably just get a sportsbike but I find them uncomfortable. lol

Phil cruises, so if he had a scooter/sportsbike/chopper/custom they will all be doing 70 since he's a cruiser kinda dude (nothing wronge with that) Same with don, he usually drives the limit on his sportsbike and he stays at a cruising speed. I have a blast and speed like Im late for food (I usually do about 80 since my top speed is 95)

It all really depends on the rider you are. I answered your thread (same one) on the other section and all it really comes down to it is...your cousins a douch and ride what you want.
    2006 Buell Blast 492cc
    33Hp
    30Ft of torq
    Skull and Wings sticker on the tank...make it go faster

Jay Arr (Im a Pirate )

yea ONLY U can prevent forest FIRES!!!!

Do it would be cool and post alot of pictures!!

Go for it I just got an 83 rebel 250 bobber an its awesome.

You should get a rebel. They're great little things. Just honestly, make sure change out the sproket so you can do highway speeds a little better. 70ish is about what you'll max out at.